Interim Head of Cyber - 12 Month FTC
As Interim Head of Cyber you will have experience in similar roles, proficient at managing globally dispersed teams, providing technical direction and comfortable in challenging approaches while driving security efficacy. The ability to communicate effectively and concisely with a range of stakeholders such as technical experts, architects, external partners and our Director of Information Security is a must.
You will be expected to contribute to major business and security initiatives where you will document and oversee technical and non-technical requirements, act as the security authority ensuring outcomes are met while balancing the need for innovative thinking and user experience.
You will be expected to lead on security incidents and be on-call as senior escalation for out of hours on rota, for which there is a generous allowance.
If you are engaging, able to share your deep technical expertise and industry experience to oversee successful outcomes that balance business risk, growth alongside innovation; this is the role for you!
- Manage dispersed SecOps, Vulnerability and Security Engineering teams, set direction, provide continued mentorship and support
- Maintain effective On-Call capabilities
- Continue to foster collaboration across the team and wider organisation
- Oversee continued delivery of the security roadmap
- Contribute to security design, technical requirements for major projects
- Create status reports, briefing packs on all aspects of security for senior management
- Identify areas of improvement and efficiencies in our technical approaches and ways of working
- Oversee development, communication and influence adoption of all security technical standards, processes, procedures & guidelines
- Identify and prioritise improvements to technical control environment
- Manage, direct and orchestrate security incidents bridging communications between operational teams and executive leadership
- Deep understanding of core security controls e.g., Endpoint Detection Response, WAF, SIEM / SOAR, Identity and Access Management, Data security, system hardening
- Able to get ‘hands on’ when required, to validate or support the team
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions around tactical security measures
- Provide strategic security input into wider modernisation initiatives
- Have an engaging and inclusive approach to management
- Ability to balance evolving strategic and operational priorities
- Challenge technical approaches in a constructive manner to reduce security risk in the most effective manner
- Data driven, outcome focused mindset to drive ‘big picture’ results while maintaining operational continuity and efficacy
- Ability to carry out capability maturity assessments and knowledge of security frameworks such as MITRE & CIS
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Will be required to work Oncall/OffCall to support the business needs
We value experience over qualifications; however, the following would be a plus:
- CISSP (inc concentrations such as ISSAP, ISSEP, ISSMP)
- GIAC Practitioner
- BSc Computer Science/ Security
- MSc Information Security
he above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that are reasonably expected within the scope and grading of the post.