As an Analyst within the Business Intelligence team you will be responsible for providing insight and analysis into the performance of our client’s product suites, the global digital brands we work with, and ultimately their customers. You will combine your domain knowledge and experience of quantitative and statistical methods to ensure that our overall business and product strategies become ‘data driven’ and that Managers across different business lines are able to consume insights needed to align to business key performance indicators.
You will be part of a team responsible for driving insight into commercial, financial and product performance, generating the data to drive decision-making and informing business, product and market strategies. You will help to identify and solve strategic business problems to ensure overall client satisfaction.
Working in a collaborative nature with other business units and stakeholders across the organisation you will combine data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of business performance including financial data, customer data, product data and market research assets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Structure, analyse and report on performance from data extraction (SQL), to statistical analysis (Python, R) to visualization (Tableau, Power Point or other visualization)
- As part of the Strategic Intelligence team, assist in the development and implementation of best practice methodologies for the quantitative analysis & visualization of data
- Use of a combination of marketing & product metrics, financial metrics and third-party research data to generate insights on performance in the market
- Along with the Analytics leadership and Sr. Business Managers, proactively structure analyses from hypothesis development to modelling to support commercial decisions and to influence business roadmaps and go-to-market strategies
- Work with senior analytics business leaders to build out both regular business reports to track KPI’s or OKR’s and a process to monitor, analyse and report on any anomalies or major shifts in behaviour
- Perform hands-on analysis in support of business requests, including development of conclusions and recommendations
You will need to have:
- An analytical mindset. The ability to think logically about complex business problems and how the use of data and analytics can solve these problems
- Business and technology hybrid profile, with priority given to business background and acumen
- An understanding of BI and/or Data Warehousing concepts and methodologies, and experience using major Business Intelligence tool(s)
- An understanding of business performance reporting / analysis, and the technical skills required to deliver this reporting and analysis. (SQL, reporting tools and other technologies)
- Good oral and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to build positive, productive interpersonal relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to create and present analyses and reports
- Strong Communicator – An ability to effectively discuss, translate, and describe technical subjects to a non-technical audience and vice versa
- A team player, able to work together with the global BI team to deliver key business objectives
- Degree in Business Analytics or Technology, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or equivalent experience
You will need to have:
- Proficiency in SQL. A willingness to learn SQL in the first three months required.
- Proficiency with, or the ability to quickly learn (in the first three months) Business Intelligence reporting & visualization tools (Tableau preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied statistical methods using R, Python (or similar) would be an asset