The Analytics Platform Engineer will combine technical expertise and advanced knowledge of BI toolset to develop and manage the self-service Analytics platforms – providing high quality data solutions linked directly to blazing-fast in-memory database, and facilitating analysts and business users to self-serve information easily. The role will design, develop, implement and support enterprise initiatives around BI Platforms and take a lead on the development of self-service solutions from information stored in Fast In-memory database & other non-relational data sources.
This role will also support in shaping and enhancing the overall Analytics platforms architecture while adhering to standards and guidelines during development. You will work closely with BI architects, data warehouse development team and help to identify the requirements across the organization, transform complex data models into self-service solutions, assist in the creation of automation standards and data governance ensuring consistency & focused deliverables to stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for scalability and sustainability of Analytics platforms architecture & design and take the ownership of data governance, security and user adoption across BI platforms.
- Perform administrative and support activities across a high availability Analytics Platforms infrastructure including configuration, security administration, release management, troubleshooting and general systems maintenance.
- Responsible for building & maintaining User groups and Data Security framework for Analytics platforms.
- Interact with all areas of the business to ensure the Analytics platforms environment fits with current requirements and drive new initiatives
- Ability to analyse, dissect user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications.
- Provide scalable solutions for handling large data volumes, maximising use of underlying in-memory database, complex reporting & interactive dashboards.
- Work closely with the BI stakeholders to understand reporting needs and develop & deliver self-service solutions for dashboards, ad-hoc & scheduled reports with a clear business focus.
- Responsible for the development of high-quality Audit reports and interactive dashboards to monitor the usage on Analytics platforms.
- Work closely with the BI teams driving consistency in the transformation of existing solutions bringing industry best practices into the organization.
- Establish and enforce data quality standards to meet BI and business needs
- Promote good data governance principles and standards across the BI teams.
- Provide day-to-day support, mentoring & Training of Analytics Platforms to end users & client groups.
- Assist in the delivery & training structure of Analytics platforms across the Business.
- Other tasks involve troubleshooting issues, bug-fixes, and technical support on client tools
You will need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in Business Intelligence.
- 2+ years of Design, Development, Testing, Implementation, Administration and Support. Experience in Tableau Product Suite (including 10.x or above).
- Experience with Tableau scripting / Rest API, or any other programming language
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied statistical methods using R, Python would be an asset
- Good understanding of Data warehouse concepts Star-schema dimensional modelling, Snow flake etc.
- Good understanding and /or experience of ETL process from difference source systems
- Strong SQL skills, including query performance tuning etc.
- Strong Experience in Building, publishing data sources/semantic layer, customized interactive reports and complex dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Good experience with Tableau visualizations, dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Strong communication and Interpersonal skills
- Nice to have:
- Experience with Big data tools & technologies
- Any knowledge of the gaming industry