What are we about:
Our ambition is simple. To combine our global know-how with local insight to help our clients turn their business goals into reality. By offering innovation, automation and organizational design. All with a personal touch.
Where the strategic magic happens:
London is our base of operations. Here, we’ve created an international office with dozens of exceptional people. Over the years, we’ve worked hard to secure our place as leading advisors and business support consultants within our industries. We are incredibly proud of what we’ve achieved so far and plan to continue along the same path. Constantly learning, improving and growing to make sure we always create lasting value for our clients.
Create value and reimagine the technology that powers the categories we work in. Provide management and consulting teams that turn start-ups into medium-sized businesses and support them as they evolve.
As the Head of Administration you will report to the Chief Executive Officer, with direct management and oversight of each of the Executive Assistants within the Quartz organization. You and they will be responsible for coordinating our organization’s administration system and general workflows, as well as coordinating our executive team calendar. Your duties will include organizing the smooth running of Board meetings, Executive meetings, aiding communication throughout the company and developing procedures to make our meetings, travel and time more efficient. As a manager this role will also be responsible for leading, coaching, managing, and coordinating administrative personnel to achieve organizational targets and plans. This includes managing business objectives that will deliver service excellence.
As this is a new role you should anticipate that these responsibilities may evolve over time, and you may be expected to help identify opportunities for expanding responsibilities for the Admin teams.
- Working with the CEO, design a vision and annual and quarterly objectives for the Quartz administrative team, and manage to those objectives within budget.
- Design, develop, and deliver administration processes such as calendars, booking policies etc to fulfill the needs of various internal teams.
- Manage incoming volume for the exec admin team, and ensure proper support coverage when needed.
- Develop and nurture a culture of quality, service, efficiency, and consistency with the Admin team.
- Train, coach and develop administrative team members, and help mentor those not in direct line of management.
- Define, measure and report on the metrics and effectiveness of the company’s administrative processes.
- Identify process gaps or non-compliance of field teams and train and educate teams as needed.
- Lead cross-functional projects to continuously improve administrative effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work with CEO and Chief of Staff to confirm requirements and support effective planning of internal and external events (ex. monthly all-staff meetings, learning sessions, annual conference).
- Maintain a calendar of corporate events, reflecting organizational strategic priorities.
- Help plan Board related or corporate events (internal and external) in their entireties (scheduling, invitations, participant lists, finding venues, budgeting, finding vendors, arranging interpretation, confirming speakers, creating schedules, appreciation surveys, etc.).
- Support board and exec with general admin needs, including liaising with IT and other service providers to help solve day-to-day issues
- Assist the CEO in his/her schedule management, ensuring that key deadlines are entered into the planning cycle and that meeting and submission deadlines are met. Coordinate appointments and special engagements; schedule meetings, department activities
- Organize exec and board level meetings; prepare agenda, attend meetings, take minutes and ensure follow-up on action items. Manage documents effectively, demonstrating a comfort level with various technologies.
- Act as a Coordinator for special projects, at the request of the CEO or Chief of Staff, which may include: organizing events, planning and coordinating multiple presentations, and disseminating information.
- Help prioritize, distribute and follow-up on incoming correspondence. Using a strong command of business writing, writes and proofs replies to general enquiries and drafts replies for more complex items.
- Support development of corporate events related materials (ex. promotions, PPTs, follow-up communications).
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive Team and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Strong experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant, preferably in a large organization. Experience with a Board of Directors an asset.
- Experience coordinating and demanding leadership.
- Proven background in developing, delivering, and evaluating administrative processes.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, time-management and administrative skills in a fast-paced environment and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and organize work effectively and under pressure with diligence and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with members of various teams.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential communications and data with tact and discretion, and communicate with all levels of management within and outside of the organization, exercising a high level of professionalism, courtesy and diplomacy.
- Ability to work autonomously and have a high level of accountability.
- High professional standard of integrity, ethics, confidentiality and discretion.
- Proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and expert in planning, calendar in Outlook. Ability to seek and learn technologies as necessary.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.