What are we about:
Our ambition is simple. To combine our global know-how with local insight to help our clients turn their business goals into reality. By offering innovation, automation and organizational design. All with a personal touch.
Where the strategic magic happens:
London is our base of operations. Here, we’ve created an international office with dozens of exceptional people. Over the years, we’ve worked hard to secure our place as leading advisors and business support consultants within our industries. We are incredibly proud of what we’ve achieved so far and plan to continue along the same path. Constantly learning, improving and growing to make sure we always create lasting value for our clients.
Create value and reimagine the technology that powers the categories we work in. Provide management and consulting teams that turn start-ups into medium-sized businesses and support them as they evolve.
The Office Manager/HR Generalist is a blended role responsible for corporate support which includes taking care of seven sectors including Office Management, HR, Security, Purchasing, Payroll, Travel as well as Events. Reporting into the HR Manager, you will be flexible, willing to turn your hand to anything.
- Experience with office renovation work
- Manage office operations and procedures
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Maintain office security as per company policies; create and update employee and visitor access cards, maintenance of security alarms, card readers and security cameras
- Order office and kitchen supplies such as stationery, food and drinks amongst other items required for the office.
- Manage office cleaning services and deep cleaning as required
- Maintain Health and Safety Records, policy and equipment i.e. First Aid Box / Fire Extinguishers
- Manage annual Office Risk Assessments (Fire Safety) and PAT (electric equipment)
- Assist with office layout planning and upcoming renovation work.
- Managing and maintaining IT infrastructure and coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Manage office expenditure and budgets
- Act as local Procurement Officer and as the primary point of contact between suppliers and the business
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlords, ensuring that all items are paid on time by the Finance Department
- Maintain and update supplier information on Vendor Tickets on Jira
- Process invoices on procurement and accounting systems such as Jira and Dynamics
- Liaise with vendors, landlords and the legal department for renewing of contracts
- Assist the Finance Department with chasing invoices and approving bills for payment
- Manage internal travel arrangements for relocations, new employees from abroad or visitors such as flights, accommodation, taxis, and authorisation letters while ensuring the company’s travel policy is applied
- Be first point of contact for visitors, to be greeted and assisted in a courteous and professional manner;
- Ensure visitors receive welcome email, allocate desks and update systems accordingly (Matrix Booking App) and liaise with the ITO team to ensure the set-ups are complete & Matrix booking app.
- Liaise with the landlord and building management company on maintenance
- Ensure all required insurance policies are up to date and coordinate renewals
- Thrive in making the office a pleasant and inspiring place to work – Organise & lead on social events i.e. Summer/Christmas parties/Thirsty Tuesday & Thursday/Learning Labs etc.
- Assist with purchasing of gifts for birthdays, work anniversaries and recognition gifts
- Act as a Fire Marshall and First Aider for the office
- Assist with the recruitment process such as management of interviews, tracking on the ATS, posting job adverts on LinkedIn, screening CV’s, liaising with recruitment agencies & conducting first stage telephone interviews.
- Coordination of employee life cycle events in a timely manner, such as onboarding of new starters off boarding, sabbaticals, maternity, paternity and other family-friendly leave, salary increases, promotions and tracking probations.
- Responsible for processing payroll, benefits administration, HRIS updates
- Conduct Exit Interviews & provide appropriate feedback to line managers for junior to mid-level management.
- Update, verify and maintain electronic information in HRIS as well as hard copy records maintained in the HR department.
- Attendance tracking: holiday, sick leave, family rights leave.
- Maintain all social platforms with company updates: HR WIKI / Quartz Website & LinkedIn page.
- Actively looks for opportunities to improve HR processes, system and delivery to ensure we are ahead of the curve, proactively suggesting new ideas.
- Assist the HR Manager with ER related matters in a note taking capacity
- Arrange training requests via the broker.
- Assist HR with audits
- Excellent people, interpersonal, customer service skills and the ability to anticipate the team needs.
- Ability to work independently and team setting with minimal supervision
- High level of Health and Safety management knowledge and in possession of or working towards acquiring accreditation/Certificates (NCRQ, NEBOSH, and IOSH)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment in an organized manner
- Ability to handle highly sensitive data and confidential information and maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong attention to quality and detail
- Confidence in liaising with internal and external contacts as well staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of professionals both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any one time without losing your cool
- Computer proficiency in MS office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- CIPD accreditation – desirable but not essential