As Project Manager you will be part of the Strategic Projects Group servicing our clients on project delivery. You will be tasked with a range of strategic projects, owning their entire life cycle from inception to planning, execution and closure. These projects can range from implementing 3rd party software solutions, managing rollout of new capabilities, new market entries, to opening new operational centres for our clients.
You will be an enthusiastic and dynamic professional who is passionate about delivering a great product and would be excited by the challenges associated with a wide range of projects.
You are comfortable working independently, collaborating with teams in various locations, time zones and managing several concurrent projects.
You will have a strong character and a willingness to try new things and “get stuck in”. You will be an excellent communicator, have strong organisational skills and have the confidence to challenge stakeholders where necessary.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project managing a range of projects, ownership of the entire project life cycle from inception to planning, execution and closure
- Working with key stakeholders and other project managers within the organisation to establish the overall project plan, milestones and timelines
- Capturing and actively managing risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies and decisions in an organised, structured and coherent way, escalating risks where necessary
- Ensuring that impacted teams are involved and informed as early as possible in the project management process
- Ensuring that the products/deliverables have been tested and that they meet the defined and agreed acceptance criteria
- Ensuring that the transition of the project from delivery into operational working and support is complete, within agreed acceptance criteria and aligned with the Stage Gate
- Ensuring that all lessons learnt are captured, and that a benefits realisation plan has been produced:
- Proactively disseminating project information to all stakeholders
- Weekly reporting to stakeholders or Steering Committee as appropriate on project progress, risks and issues to ensure the project’s overall direction and integrity; proactively managing sponsor and stakeholder expectations
- Directing and motivating project teams by demonstrating effective leadership skills, ensuring commitments are being upheld
- Managing the performance of resources assigned to the project and collaborating with the wider business
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to work independently in a fast paced team
- Highly organised and skilled at coordinating efforts between multiple teams across multiple time zones
- Proficient in managing multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Exceptional project management skills, extremely organized with attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as great interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to build strong relationships across the business, with clients, project teams, and 3rd party vendors
- Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with issue, risk, resource and dependency management
- Experience of managing & achieving tight deadlines with the appropriate quality
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors
- Fluent in English
- Strategic and creative thinking is valued