What are we about:
Our ambition is simple. To combine our global know-how with local insight to help our clients turn their business goals into reality. By offering innovation, automation and organizational design. All with a personal touch.
Where the strategic magic happens:
London is our base of operations. Here, we’ve created an international office with dozens of exceptional people. Over the years, we’ve worked hard to secure our place as leading advisors and business support consultants within our industries. We are incredibly proud of what we’ve achieved so far and plan to continue along the same path. Constantly learning, improving and growing to make sure we always create lasting value for our clients.
Create value and reimagine the technology that powers the categories we work in. Provide management and consulting teams that turn start-ups into medium-sized businesses and support them as they evolve.
This fast paced and dynamic business is currently restructuring the IT leadership owing to growth, and a new opportunity has emerged for an experienced leader to take the helm of a diverse team delivering IT services to multiple customers across the globe.
As Senior Director of Corporate IT Operations, your role will focus on leading an international team of professionals in maturing and consolidating a collection of highly complex and fast paced technical environments. Simplification, standardisation and removal of technical debt will be high priority, all the while delivering the most stringent availability standards. Working with a globally dispersed collection of clients and suppliers, all of whom need to be aligned to deliver a world class operation aspiring to the highest levels of service availability and security.
The role reports directly to the CIO who has prioritised the importance of information security initiatives and robust risk management. You will contribute to company-wide programs of work, leading on the delivery of modernisation and standardisation initiatives and at any given time there will be a mix of large scale project works which require the nuanced balancing of resources to ensure timely delivery, as well as the decisiveness to make the tough calls on resource prioritisation.
You must be an enthusiastic and dynamic professional who is passionate about delivering a great service and should be excited by the challenges associated with a varied and complex environment. The position requires someone that is able to work with a diverse team and for a wide array of stakeholders in different time zones – both technical and non-technical.
You should have a strong character and a willingness to learn, to be challenged as well as to be comfortable with the steep learning curve. You will be an excellent communicator, have strong organisational skills and have the confidence to challenge stakeholders and peers where necessary.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic leadership for a complex and fast moving organisation.
- Designing and delivering a comprehensive IT infrastructure and support strategy, encompassing operations, service delivery, management and optimisation initiatives along with the removal of technical debt and risk mitigation.
- Adapt and align with ITIL best practices to enhance the current service delivery offering
- Working with stakeholders both internal and external to align priorities, initiatives and to help embed a mature risk management approach.
- Comfortable working with a mix of waterfall and agile aligned projects and initiatives
- Build the maturity of the organisation in line with industry standards and best practice.
- Management of an extensive budget, ensuring that investment delivers the best overall value for money to the organisation.
- Working with the team to catalogue, remediate and mitigate technical risk in a structured and disciplined way
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-jurisdictional business delivering high profile initiatives.
- Demonstrates agility, sets priorities in line with business requirements.
- Proven leadership and management skills including experience with risk, resource and dependency management.
- The ability to motivate all employees to achieve and sustain excellence in their performance, thereby supporting a high-performance culture and both collective and personal responsibility and accountability.
- Resilient to challenges, obstacles and in handing conflict.
- Formal certification such as a tertiary qualification in a relevant field, or an industry specific accreditation.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships (i.e. across architecture, engineering, product, 3rd party vendors & suppliers).
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Great communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must be fluent in English, additional languages would be beneficial.
- International travel will be required in order to fulfil the needs of this role, as well as visiting client sites.