As Technical Project Manager you will be part of the CIO department servicing both Architecture and ITO on project delivery. You will be tasked with a range of technical projects, owning their entire life cycle from inception to deployment and post-deployment support. These projects can range from Cloud to Data Centre Technology transformation.
You may also be tasked with contributing to company-wide programs of work, representing and coordinating the tasks for the CIO function. You will be an enthusiastic and dynamic professional who is passionate about delivering a great product and would be excited by the challenges associated with a wide range of projects.
You are comfortable working independently, collaborating with teams in various locations, time zones and managing several concurrent projects.
You will have a strong character and a willingness to try new things and “get stuck in”. You will be an excellent communicator, have strong organisational skills and have the confidence to challenge stakeholders where necessary.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project Managing a range of projects, ownership of the entire project life cycle from inception to deployment and post-deployment support
- Working with key stakeholders and other project managers within the organisation to establish overall project plan, milestones and timelines
- Capturing and actively managing risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies and decisions in an organised, structured and coherent way, escalating risks where necessary
- Ensuring that impacted teams are involved and informed as early as possible in the project management process
- Proactively disseminating project information to all stakeholders
- Weekly reporting to stakeholders or Steering Committee as appropriate on project progress, risks and issues to ensure the project’s overall direction and integrity; proactively managing sponsor and stakeholder expectations
- Directing and motivating project teams by demonstrating effective leadership skills, ensuring commitments are being upheld
- Managing the performance of resources assigned to the project and collaborating with the wider business
- Familiarity of working with complex integrated project & programme delivery (Cloud and Datacentre Technology Transformation)
- Exposure to Devops practices
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships across architecture, engineering, product, 3rd party vendors & suppliers and programme teams
- Experience with issue, risk, resource and dependency management
- Strong project finance management and knowledge of budgetary control processes
- Proven experience of working across various IT platforms, both On-prem and Cloud
- Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with Scrum highly beneficial
- Experience of managing & achieving tight deadlines with the appropriate quality
- Experience working with public cloud providers
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Great communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills