We are looking for a Corporate Applications Support Engineer to join our growing Corporate IT Team. This is an exciting role and includes a wide set of responsibilities. The day-to-day focus is to work with stakeholders and team members to define application requirements, identify solutions, implement, test, document and support the end solution. This role involves a high level of collaboration with other technical staff inside and outside the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Willing to learn new applications and technologies.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the supported application in both technical and operational areas.
- Gather business requirements, evaluate feasibility, provide estimates, design solutions and prepare detailed specifications.
- Collaborate with providers and vendors, both internal and external, to deliver end to end solutions that meet our technical requirements.
- Create documented processes, procedures and reproducible test cases for troubleshooting, regression testing, validation, etc.
- Work individually or with a team to implement enterprise software, configuring that software, customizing it, and integrating with other systems.
- Develop and prepare technical training on product updates and new features.
- Train the team on the product features and capabilities to a level they can provide 2/3rd tier support.
- Provide support for all applications that fall within the team’s area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with other professionals to ensure high quality deliverables within organization guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Follow ITIL, including Incident and Change Management process and procedures.
- Identify areas where the Corp-IT function can be more efficient.
- Keep up to date with best practices and technologies and implement them in the work place.
- Implements warranty and support activities.
- Advocate and maintain the organizations strict approach to data security
- Follower and advocate of the organization principles.
- A “can do” attitude and comfortable managing competing priorities to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Flexibility around working schedule.
- Attention to detail.
- Provide on-call support.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong experience of supporting and managing business application platforms.
- Relevant experience administering multi-user, mission critical and high availability servers.
- Deep understanding of: networking, routing, firewalls, site-to-site VPN, SD WAN, Load balancers, HTTP & TCP protocols.
- Understanding of backend applications and database languages such as MS SQL, MySQL etc.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills, with the ability to research and solve technically challenging problems in complex environments.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to clearly explain technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation and handover for ongoing operations.
- ITIL certification.
- Experiencing with Development and Scripting Languages.
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Experience with GIT.
- Administration experience with Windows or Linux based platforms.
- Will be required to work Oncall/OffCall to support the business needs