As Senior Project Manager you will be part of the Strategic Projects Group servicing our clients on project delivery. You will be tasked with a range of strategic projects, owning their entire life cycle from inception to planning, execution and closure. These projects can range from implementing 3rd party software solutions, managing rollout of new capabilities, new market entries, to opening new operational centres for our clients.
You will be an enthusiastic and dynamic professional who is passionate about delivering a great product and would be excited by the challenges associated with a wide range of projects.
You are comfortable working independently, collaborating with teams in various locations, time zones and managing several concurrent projects.
You will have a strong character and a willingness to try new things and “get stuck in”. You will be an excellent communicator, have strong organisational skills and have the confidence to challenge stakeholders where necessary.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing medium to large, complex projects with multiple workstreams including external vendors.
- Managing the entire project lifecycle, from initiation to closure including post-implementation support.
- Agreeing and capturing the project objectives, high-level scope, timeline, budget and key deliverables with project sponsor and key stakeholders.
- Working with project sponsor and key stakeholders on requirements gathering.
- Establishing and owning the overall project plan, milestones and timelines.
- Proactively identifying, capturing and managing risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies and decisions in an organised, structured and coherent way, escalating risks where necessary.
- Seeking an in-depth understanding of how projects impact and contribute to business goals, to help guide risk identification and mitigation.
- Directing and motivating project teams by demonstrating effective leadership skills, ensuring commitments are being upheld.
- Preparing and proactively disseminating project documentation (e.g. Project Charter, Project Plan, Status Reports & Risk Log) to sponsor and all stakeholders, ensuring it is up to date, fit for purpose and correctly used throughout the project lifecycle.
- Managing cross-functional project teams composed of business and technical team members, as well as vendor representatives.
- Managing stakeholder relationships and expectations, by providing regular project updates, keeping them appraised on the strategy, adjustments, progress, issue resolution and project results.
- Ensuring that the products/deliverables are reviewed and tested, and that they meet the agreed acceptance criteria
- Ensuring the agreed solution is fit for purpose, supportable & is accepted into operational support
- Ensuring that all lessons learnt are captured, and that a benefits realisation plan has been produced.
- Serving as a mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing solutions to clients.
- Weekly reporting to stakeholders or Steering Committee as appropriate on project progress, risks and issues to ensure the project’s overall direction and integrity; proactively managing sponsor and stakeholder expectations.
- Working with other project managers in the team to deliver wider programmes of work.
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of the team.
- Reviewing and providing input into the team’s project templates, tools and processes
- Strong project management experience
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to work independently in a fast paced team
- Highly organised and skilled at coordinating efforts between multiple teams across multiple time zones
- Proficient in managing multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Exceptional project management skills, extremely organized with attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as great interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to build strong relationships across the business, with clients, project teams, and 3rd party vendors
- Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with issue, risk, resource and dependency management
- Experience of managing & achieving tight deadlines with the appropriate quality
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors
- Fluent in English
- Strategic and creative thinking is valued
- Project Management qualification beneficial (PMI/Prince 2/ITL)
- Willingness to travel on an ad hoc basis – as required
- Has experience working on IT projects
The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that are reasonably expected within the scope and grading of the post.