As a Senior Security Engineer, you form part of a team of information security specialists. You must possess a strong understanding of security engineering and architecture principles and practices related to an online business, applying them pragmatically to strike a balance between protecting our business and customers, while allowing the organisation to get on with doing what it does best. The Senior Security Engineer has full responsibility for the architecture, engineering, management, and day-to-day operations of the security systems that protect the organisation’s data and information technology assets as well as being a key stakeholder in technological transformation and organisation wide projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Providing engineering services to the Information Security Team. Including proof of concept, design, deployment, and maintenance of new technologies, developing research and concepts into operations-ready capability, and ensuring that security tools and functions are properly engineered and supported.
- Design, implementation, operation, and ongoing management of security systems that safeguard data and information assets for the enterprise to ensure solutions and controls are deployed to mitigate internal and external security threats.Act as the Security SME within multi-disciplinary project teams, identifying requirements, shaping solutions, and delivering end-to-end project engagement across technological transformation and organisational growth projects as part of both local and distributed project teams.
As a senior technical expert, you must enjoy working hands-on, operating, designing, and building innovative security solutions to address the security needs of a rapidly evolving business.
- Form an integral part of Security Engineering projects and solutions, including design, implementation, and on-going operations of SIEM/SOAR platforms, firewalls, IDS, web application firewalls (WAF), Vulnerability Management, Mobile Device Management and Endpoint Security solutions.
- Work within the Information Security team to formulate solutions and services that create and maintain appropriate security measures and capabilities to protect against unauthorised access to electronically stored and/or transmitted information, and to protect against anticipated and cutting-edge threats and vulnerabilities.
- Continually assess potential information security risks and contribute to the security roadmap to improve the security posture of the organisation.
- Provide Security Engineering response to Production Incident and Problem investigations, including support the security on-call function as required.
- Research new security related technologies and advancement, and identify opportunities for continual improvement, providing recommendations for ongoing improvements to the organisation.
- Drive continual improvement across the Security Engineering work activities and wider organisational contribution through process review and adoption of automation capabilities to deliver standardisation and efficiencies within the team.
- Maintain detailed sets of documentation for all network and security systems.
- Maintain and continually evolve existing security dashboards for distributed technology remediation teams that provide real-time actionable data to reduce security risks across the environment.
- Must be an intelligent, articulate, conscientious individual who can serve as an effective member of the Information Security team and effectively communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work closely with architecture over a range of security domains to build, test, deploy and maintain solutions in alignment with organisational direction.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks or activities, and effectively make judgments in prioritising and time allocation in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to manage technical and procedural transformation and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directing, able to harness diverse skills or experiences and enjoy a strong sense of team spirit.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a global, multi-office, environment and willing to travel to overseas offices, as required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the company’s internal and personnel affairs.
- Excellent verbal communication and documentation/technical writing skills in English.
Technical knowledge and experience:
- Strong technical experience within security engineering, with a focus on solution design implementation and management
- Extensive experience and in-depth understanding of the design, deployment, and support of security technologies, e.g., IDS, Vulnerability Management, Authentication and identity management, SIEM, WAF, SEG, MDM
- Experience with designing security solutions at scale for large enterprises or for multi-tenant service providers. Ranging from the service design, appraising the impact of new solutions and controls on operational teams who supporting these services.
- Optional / desired: Experience with Data Loss Prevention platforms, Cloud Security technologies, scripting (primarily Python) and Security Orchestration Automation and Response implementations.
- Familiarity with industry security configuration standards, such as NIST and CIS
Education/Certifications: Non-essential but an asset
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience preferred
- Security accreditation (such as CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSAP, or CCSP)
- Vendor Based Accreditations or Training
The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that are reasonably expected within the scope and grading of the post.